Tuesday 20 December 2016

LAMB ADOBO with Potatoes





I cook lamb at least once a week, mostly I simply roast it for dinner. It depends what parts of lamb I could buy but I often buy shoulder part, it's good for slow roasting or stews. My little one loves eating it with rice so I keep trying to cook something that would go with it. This time I tried a Filipino style cooking. At first I wasn't sure if it's going to come out good, but it's so great. I served it with sliced cucumbers on the side and my little one loves it.



Ingredients:

600g Lamb shoulders
1 head of garlic
Thumb size fresh ginger
2 pcs. Bay leaves
1 tbsp. Vegetable oil
2 medium size potatoes
1 tsp. Coarsely ground black pepper
Half a Cup light soya sauce
Half cup white wine vinegar
1 and half cup water
1 tsp. Sugar
Salt to taste


Wash and drain then cut the meat on your desired serving sizes. Bash the ginger and chop the garlic coarsely.  Heat the pan and pour the oil, pan fry all the meat in medium high heat, until slightly brown (not necessary cooked through) then off the heat. In a pressure cooker, pour in soya sauce and vinegar, water and all the remaining ingredients, including the fried lamb, except the salt. Cook for 30 minutes, when the pressure cooker cool down and ready to open, transfer the cooked meat back to a pan and cook it until all the remaining gravy thickens. Serve with rice and sliced cucumbers. 

Bon appetit!

















No comments:

Post a Comment