Tuesday 13 December 2016

CLEAN EATING AND A LITTLE HOME GARDENING


Today, I want to share with you my own opinion of how I feel about "clean eating" . Meaning that eating food that is not been exposed to any chemicals like fertilisers, insecticides and of any sorts. I am not an expert on this kind of topic but as a mother, I want to give my little one a little healthier than the shop bought fruits and vegetables. And it's good to show kids how thier food has grown, actually, it's enjoyable bonding with my little 5 years old cultivating the soil in our little backyard. Planting, watering and watching the plants grow is very interesting for her, and she asks a lot of things too which I find some of her questions bit silly sometimes.

This one here is what we call pechay or choi sum. It's good to add in your choice of noodles recipes, both soup or stir fry. 
This is my artichoke plant, I cook it in the oven with butter and herbs (but be careful cleaning it before cooking, there's a reason why they called arti-'choke'). This is a perennial type of plant, so every year is blooming with flowers.
This is my aubergines 🙂, they're a little wonky but it's alright.
                           
                                 Plum tomatoes are really good on producing fruit. I only got four tomato vines and harvested buckets of tomatoes. I made tomato sauce, dried some of it and made some green tomato chutney as well. 
                                      
 Actually, it doesn't matter if we haven't got a lot of space to plant. All you need is just a small flower pot or any recycled bottles and a few seeds (herbs for example), little compost soil and little digging. The result is so rewarding and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment